Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friendship Pillow


I finished this project for a friend's birthday gift yesterday. I used an old pair of jeans, part of a Memory Lane charm pack and some vintage buttons I had collected.

First, I found a quote that I liked. Then I typed it up in different fonts and selected one, printed it, traced it onto a muslin type cloth and embroidered it. I didn't measure the patchwork too carefully because I wanted it to look like there were slightly different sized scraps, etc. I sewed the patchwork together and then onto the pillow. I made the cording by sewing together a long chain of scraps and then folding it over cotton cording (you can buy at any sewing store)and sewing close to the cording with the zipper foot. Then I sewed the cording to the front of the pillow, attached the back, turned it right side out, put the pillow form in, and hand stitched the opening closed.

I hope she'll like it...

Pin It!

3 comments:

Letia said...

Wow Jana, that looks straight out of a chic idea magazine. You are so talented!

Amber said...

It looks super cute!! I think your friend will be so impressed!!

Tressa said...

Super cute. What a great friend you are. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...