Friday, February 27, 2009

Crochet Lessons


A friend has been teaching me how to crochet. Mmmm... this is not a very mommy friendly craft. I am supposed to remember a series of symbols, the six stitches they represent, and how to make them and then the kids interrupt and I have to try and figure out where I am....

For instance, I am supposed to make 1 slip stitch, 1 double stitch, 3 triple stitches, 1 double stitch, and 1 slip stitch. Then S says, "Will you make me a peanut butter sandwich?" and I say, "AHHG, where was I?!". Maybe when you know how to make each stitch without thinking it is easier to keep your place. If not, this may be a very short series of lessons. Here is my first completed project- the ever popular hot pad.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Letia said...

They look great. Holly B. told me there are a bunch of youtube videos to show how to crochet. I can't wait til the I am up for watching/doing some of them. I think crochet always looks like a fun, portable craft.

Inkspot Workshop said...

Crocheting can become addicting, knitting is a whole other story. I still have a 1/2 finished baby blanket I "swore" I would finish knitting before my son was born, 3 years ago. With crocheting at least you can easily rip out your mistakes. Knitting is not so forgiving:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...