Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quilt Block Duvet

Mmm, still didn't get the closures sewn on the back but I am headed out of town and wanted to post before I boarded the plane.... so, here it is.... be back sometime next week.

I found a group of fabrics that I just loved at Twiddletails. I knew they would be perfect for the quilt in my daughter's green room. To simplify things I just made a duvet rather than a true quilt. I ran out of fabric so I ended up running to Hancocks for a few more yards.

By the way the fabric collection is called Woodland Blooms and it is on sale this week- lucky you!

I cut solid pieces for squres and then I used my scraps up by randomly cutting the leftover pieces and sewing them together to make additional blocks. You need 49 12 1/2 inch squares.

If you want your pattern to fit a standard Full/Queensized comforter 86x86 then you will need to add a border around the edge. If you want to cover a plain white comforter there are some great prices at Ikea. Or you can cover an old light colored comforter that you think is to ugly to use anymore... reusing and recycling is fun!

If you'd like more instructions I've included directions in my freebie section on the right.

Pin It!

2 comments:

* said...

lovely quilt. the colors are delish & remind me of watermelon & summer.

The quilt I started 5 years ago is still in block pieces in my closet, cut not sewn yet. It is a work in progress, as is my life. But I've come to peace with that and know, maybe in the next 5 years, I'll get around to finishing it.

Quilt on, girl! ;)

J. Paige said...

I'm glad that you like it- and that I'm not the only work in progress- in so many ways!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...