Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thrifted Lantern


I found this lantern at a thrift store in San Antonio. I love the wavy, bubbly, makes-it-look-old glass! I didn't love the up close look of sponge painted brown on black. It needed a little tender loving care so I cleaned out the cobwebs, washed it well and covered the glass with masking tape (that was a pain) and gave it a coat of Krylon's oil rubbed bronze metallic paint. Now it is ready for an evening picnic and a home on the front porch.

Pin It!

5 comments:

arkie said...

Nice lantern! You have a good eye!

Rissa said...

That is so cool. Where are you going to put it?

said...

Hey, I'm in SA, wanna let me in on which thrift store you found that in? It turned out great!

Anonymous said...

What a great lantern and it's SO much better black!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Absolutely lovely...much better than the ones you can find in the store. The glass is beautiful! Enjoy...Janell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...