Monday, April 26, 2010

T-Shirt Sleeves and Collar Embellished


Here is how I added the cute fabric to my plain t-shirt.  Cut a 2 inch strip long enough to circle your collar with a few inches extra.  Fold and iron the strip in half- making a one inch strip. 

Starting at center back, pin to collar on right side of the t-shirt.  Because this is sewing on a knit I recommend putting the pins no farther than one inch apart (to minimize stretching).  I chose an existing seam line and matched the raw edge of my cute fabric to that.

 After making a 1/4 inch seam all the way around trim away the extra t-shirt fabric.

Fold over, pin in place and hand stitch to underside of the shirt.

For the sleeves I did the same thing, start at the underarm seam (do what I say- not what I did) pin strip of fabric and sew in place.

 Now remove pins and iron flat.  Top stitch a 1/4" seam catching the extra fabric underneath and thus holding the cute fabric in place. 

Enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...