Friday, May 14, 2010

Story Time and Children's Book Review

I love books.  I love libraries.  I love to read. I love to read to my children.  I'm totally guilty of having bedtime last far too long because we are having so much fun reading together. 


This is a picture of my married daughter reading to her baby and my other children listening in (because you are never too old for a good book).  One time while going through a bummer time in my life a counsellor suggested I go back and read some of the books that I enjoyed as a child.  It was great- I still pick up a good kids book every now and then just for fun, just for me :o)

Here are a few old favorites that I just added to my "Mama/ Grandma library"- I used to read these to my baby sisters.  I love the gentle words and sweet illustrations! Babies and Baby Animals by Gyo Fujikawa.




I've read this sweet gorilla book to children for many, MANY years.  The surprise ending is great and it reinforces that no matter how old we get we are still lovable.

I also purchased a  copy of this vintage book, The Silly Mother by Lois Duncan, that my mother used to read to me.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

I remember being read to as a child. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...