Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crocheted Edge Baby Blanket Number 2

There is a baby boom going on in my family so I've been working on some baby gifts.  Here is another version of my crocheted edge baby blanket.

I think the cute bird flannel was from Hobby Lobby (mmm, maybe Hancocks....)  This is how I made the blanket:
First I put the fabric right sides together and sewed around the blanket- leaving a small opening to turn right side out. 

After turning and slip stitching the opening closed I ironed the blanket and marked small dots every centimeter along the edge of the blanket.  Then using the marks I made I swiped the idea from You Go Girl and did a blanket stitch around the blanket. 

Next I chain stitched around the blanket- putting two stitches between each blanket stitch.  Then I made a very simple scallop by making a slip stitch, three double stitches and then beginning again with a slip stitch.

Would a diagram help?



Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...