Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Ribbon Roses

I needed a rose for a friend's gift and went to town.  The two pink ones are just made by cutting circles that are NOT symmetrical- random sizes- getting smaller and smaller.  I used about six circles in the large flower and four in the smaller one.  Cut your petals from a polyester fabric and then hold the edges over the flame of a candle to melt the edges.  Stack them up and stitch them down the middle.  A few of the circles were too big.  On those I just ran a little running stitch around the center of the flower- pulled it tight and the circle was smaller and much more "ruffly".


 The brown one made from fray resistant chiffon I used this pattern from Snazzie Drawers.  Her flowers and headbands are so amazing- I'm a bit embarrassed to send you over there.  You'll see how far I fall short... but go ahead, have a look.  So pretty.  I love how she incorporates netting and feathers.  There are several similar free patterns on the web.  I wish I would have made more petals from the dark brown and mixed it up a bit more.... but it's okay


The wire ribbon flower I made the same way I made these here.  I'm thinking these might be nice teacher Christmas present for little guys stylin' first grade teacher.

The flower centers are either buttons, old earrings, a single bead, or a cluster of beads wired together.
signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Emm I love the brown chiffon one I think it is my favorite. I'm so glad you have a hobby you love. You are such a good example of creating. Love ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...