Friday, November 12, 2010

Beaded Craft Project Gone Wrong



I checked out a book from the library on seed beading because I wanted to try making a wintry brooch.  I found and adapted a simple cross stitch snowflake pattern. Yep, those are my reading glasses- don't need 'em for reading yet, but I sure do for fine craft work!  

In case you are a novice to seed beading you should know that it requires an investment of time and patience.  It took me forever just to thread the teeny, tiny needle!  Well, after working through two BBC Jane Austin movies (and one Deanna Durbin chick flick) the pin is done.


.... unfortunately the end product isn't quite what I'd planned.  First: it's too large. Second: the blue snowflake gets lost in the silver background.  Third:  I messed up and stitched the beads on the wrong way in one corner....live and learn.  It does sparkle beautifully!  Maybe I can use it as a lumpy coaster...
signature

Pin It!

2 comments:

Rissa said...

I like it allot.

Amber said...

I thought of a ornament. Who knows. Your opps seems to have a lot of possiblities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...