Thursday, June 16, 2011

Using the Garden Fresh Zucchini

I've been checking out healthy cookbooks from the library.  This week I found Farm to Fork by Emeril Lagasse.  The first recipe I tried was the Provencal-Style Stuffed Zucchini. 

I simplified and adapted it.  I baked some zucchini in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes- until tender- but not soggy.  While that was baking I made some whole wheat breadcrumbs and mixed that with Parmesan and fresh parsley.  At the stove I browned some mild sausage and some chopped onions and fresh garlic.  When the zucchini was ready I sprinkled the onions, garlic and sausage on top.  Then covered that with the breadcrumb, parsley & cheese mixture.  I broiled that for about four minutes- just until the breadcrumbs were toasty brown.

At first I thought this dish would be to dry- but once I cut into the zucchini and the vegetable juices started to flow it was pretty tasty.

7/2/11  I deleted my scary looking attempt at food photography and went with a generic zucchini photo from the web....

signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

That sounds good. Brett might even eat a vegetable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...