Monday, July 11, 2011

Another Healthy Cookbook


I found another cookbook that I like.  It is called Quick and Easy Meals .  I believe it is from the editors of Diabetic Living Magazine.  I found the recipes to be made from mostly fresh ingredients and whole grains.  They are not necessarily low in fat. Some recipes call for egg substitutes.  I'm not adverse to eggs- so, I just use fresh eggs (from our chickens).  Contrary to the one review on Amazon very few of the recipes called for sugar and those that did called for very small amounts- like 1 Tablespoon.

This book has a large selection of salads and quite a few soups too- they all look delish!  We tried the Mexican chicken, avocado & orange salad for dinner- I improvised on the chicken and will have to try it again following the exact recipe- but I really liked the citrus vinaigrette dressing and intend to make the salad again- maybe just omitting the chicken.... or as I said, actually following the recipe :o)

I love cookbooks with pictures and this book has a picture for every recipe.  I'm looking forward to trying more of the recipes! 

And while I'm thinking healthy- I LOVE this whole wheat banana bread!  I didn't measure the bananas- I just used two very large ripe ones and I only baked the bread for 45 min.- it was perfectly done and very tasty- I actually hid a slice or two in my room to eat after the hungry hordes subsided.
signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I confess I was the one of the hungry hoarders. It was my guilty pleasure. (0:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...