Monday, October 3, 2011

Free Holiday Mini Banner Cutting File for Silhouette

I've seen these adorable mini banners all around and decided to make one for my Halloween tree.  If you'd like to make one you'll need:
  • 6 1/2 feet of embroidery floss
  • five different sheets of scrapbook paper in a holiday or color coordinating theme.  Target has packages of paper in their dollar section
  • Silhouette machine or a ruler and exacto knife
  • double sided tape
Copy this free file and open it with robo master.  Select "get outline", outside only and apply- then cut out your diamond shapes one paper page at a time.  (I realize that this is NOT the most paper efficient file to use- but for some reason when I lined up all my diamonds they would not stay down- and it was a cutting disaster- my cutting mat is losing some of its stick- but to avoid this problem I went with the extra space version for you).

Fold all of your diamonds in half with a crisp crease.

Place your cute paper blank side up and apply a piece of double sided tape.

Apply floss, keeping the papers about a thumbs width apart.  Fold over and press firmly in place.

Drape sweet banner across picture frames, windows, mirrors, Halloween trees, etc.  Then make one for each of your favorite holidays.

10/10/11  I linked up to Making the World Cuter
signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...