Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Homemade Bread and Milk Chocolate Fudge

But not together.  I spent yesterday making milk chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge.  Then I spent some time wrapping it up for gift giving.  I used small tins from Target and some gift boxes that I had on hand.


Here are the packaging directions that I followed:
  • Wrap the fudge in saran wrap- to keep it clean and fresh
  • Wrap the fudge in the saran into parchment paper to make it pretty
  • Tie that bundle up with cute baker's twine- instead of buying the baker's twine in the candy section go to the crochet yarn and thread section- our craft store carries crochet thread that is identical to the baker's twine but TONS cheaper!
  • Make little decorative doodads out of polymer clay and tiny stamps to jazz them up a bit ahead of time and then tie these on-  here is a tutorial that is similar to what I did- I just used stamps instead of nature-
  • Add a tiny jingle bell- if you so desire


My husband spent the evening making his delicious bread.  He makes me 100% whole wheat no sugar (just honey) bread- for my healthy eating kick. Then he makes some that is half white flour and half wheat with some sugar in it for himself. Yep, I'm spoiled!  Both kinds of bread are super yummy and with the cold weather we've been having I've been making and enjoying lots and lots of toast.
signature

Pin It!

2 comments:

Letia said...

You're amazing. The treats look yummy and are packaged so cute!

J. Paige said...

Thanks! I've been ignoring my healthy eating rules and enjoying fudge- the hardest part is to not inhale HUGE quantities of the stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...